This is not going to be one of my sugary high posts where I go 'yay' for minutes. Yes, this is an emo/drama rant post, negative spam, or garbage post, whatever you'd like to call it.
First off, I'd like to introduce Murphy's law. No, it's not a law that Murphy had just made up, or some kind of physics law of nature that he discovered and we are to follow from now on. More like an unwritten law of life.
"What that can go wrong will go wrong."
And when you try to prevent whatever that can go wrong with other measures, they go wrong even more. If not, I'd like to add that whatever that can go wrong will go wrong, and that when it's wrong and can go even more wrong, it WILL go even more wrong.
The chain started with German. It was after the Organic Chemistry lecture and I headed towards room S524 to meet up with Murphy. He was chionging his German e-assignment along with Nils and Bianca. And then Wen Hui came up. To help them speed things up, Wen Hui and I tried to help them as much as we could, which included suggestions to answers and sharing of answers. And before I knew it, Nils was done, and so was Bianca. Only Murphy was left. The attempt to speed things up didn't seem to have much effect on him. THEN, he took his time till 6p.m...where he handed me his thumb drive to print out his e-assignments.
I ran towards that print shop at Block R at level 1, they were closing and the auntie chased me away with her face even blacker than the thunder clouds. Then I headed towards the one at the school of IT, it was closed, then towards the nursing block, and the business block. All closed. Then as a last attempt, I headed to the library and managed to print. FINALLY. I practically ran around the entire school just for five pieces of paper. THEN. I was locked out of the engineering block. I hammered on the door, trying to alert someone to help me to press this button near the door that'll release the lock (NYP security measure #1). Until I gave up, I ran downstairs, trying to find the lift that could lead straight into the engineering block, until I realised halfway that that lift was for Block R, not Block S. So I went for the stairs. The door leading into block S was locked. Then back to that locked door again.
I waited till a bunch of SEG (School of Engineering) lecturers came by, talking loudly about students with no lanyards. Well, if they were referring to me surreptiously, EXCUSE ME, I'm not even a student of the engineering school. But anyway they were they ones who saved me from this predicament. I was damn pissed when I finally reached the room Murphy and Wen Hui were in. Before I could sort out my thoughts I was ranting and yelling. (Sorry Murphy...>.<;;)
I seriously don't want things like that to happen again. I was starving, tired and still a bit...heated, not in a good way. We headed towards AMK hub, Pepper Lunch and FINALLY had dinner there (FOOD...GLORIOUS FOOD...). For specific orders, please refer to Murphy's blog. Ah, then to the arcade we went.
Wen Hui and Murphy tried out the dance game, and I had to admit, even if that was their first time, they're good. Next, we tried out the new machine. It's called juCUBE or something like that, where a song plays and you have to press buttons at where a light flashes. I sucked at it, and Wen Hui and Murphy make a pretty good team.
The third game we played was House of the Dead 4, which I simply could not understand WHY we still died when fighting The Lovers (aka. giant spiders). Maybe I deteriorated in the game. Lastly was KOF MIA. THAT, THE FACT THAT I HAD DETERIORATED WAS SCREAMING IN MY FACE. Although I managed to beat random challenger B, I could tell that it wasn't my best. Especially with Luise Meyrink. I had better combos and fights using her. Then after I offered the game to some guy, he wrote his name in invisible ink over the machine, sat there and started jamming, with him and his cronies each taking a turn to have a go at each other. And before we realised it, it was 10.20pm. We had to go.
I've learnt a lesson from this. Next time, either bring a large group of people to hog the machine with you, or not offer the machine to anyone at all. It doesn't pay to be kind and polite. Neither does some people know the meaning of 'automatic', 'courtesy', 'consideration for fellow humans' and 'share'.
They just sat there and had their fun from...say 9.30 to 10.20. Sure, it's a short period of time, I had a go on it and asked them if they wanted to play. I did not state that I no longer wanted to play, and neither did I tell them that they can have that machine all to themselves. Fine if they're delinquents, but they're not. THEY'RE DEFINITELY OVER 17 and THEY ARE ADULTS. Like, the youngest there looked 19 and the oldest was AN UNCLE. Seriously, don't they have any sensitivity or consideration or any spirit of sharing in them? If that's so then they probably aren't the ones that go home with the most presents on Christmas. How sad.
But that's human nature. In summary, neither of us like to lose nor live to lose. Fine. However there are behaviours that are just plain disgusting. That one I mentioned above was less than the tip of the iceberg. It was after my final Japanese class and I dropped by the 7-11 near my house for a night snack/drink. And when I entered, the cashier and a customer was arguing. The argument getting heated and the customer was blatantly swearing at the cashier, who was rebutting, but wasn't swearing...that much. Throughout this portion of argument I've heard, the customer used 'f*ck' and 'sh*t' at least 5 times EACH. The F-word was definitely more that 8, though.
Now that's the problem. With people like them around, this is why Singapore citizens ruin their own image with inconsideration and can almost never be truely labelled as a graceful and refined society. Now, people, what happened to all that knowledge, lessons on manners, moral and good behaviour in your primary school civics education class? Don't you know how to speak calmly and politely to a fellow human anymore? Or maybe you should try using that tone to your department head, boss or CEO if you're working. Unless you're your superior's lover, you'll be fired before next Tuesday. Or maybe even before you can spell 'polite'. Good for you.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Common test time is on Tuesday, Miss Ang's wedding today and my JLPT tomorrow. What a stressful weekend this is... >_< Thank goodness Monday's a holiday, that's an additional day of revision for me. Hopefully. But I'll survive. Ok, I'm done with my bitching. Hope I didn't cause any mental scars or damage from what I've said above...
No comments:
Post a Comment