2009-11-01

Went to the Iluma cosplay event today. To sum up in one word: 'disappointed'. Again.


I went there only at about 2.p.m and looked around for any cosplayers. None. 2nd floor. 3rd floor. 4th floor. 5th floor. No one. Not a single cosplayer or even anyone dressing weirdly at all. Then I went to the 7th floor arcade to take a look and for a couple of games, namely PowerStone 2. I don't know if the difficulty level was too high or it was simply that I haven't touched the game for a really long time but I was pwned at the 2nd stage. Didn't even reach the Pharoah Walker. How embarrassing.


After I was finished, I went outside and before I knew it I saw a big group of cosplayers including but not limited to characters like Uryu, Aizen (when he betrayed Soul Society and his hair was swept up), 2 Sasukes(both doing Shippuden Sasuke), 2 Ls, Mukuro and Dokuro and a couple more cosplayers whose characters I couldn't recognize. The L even offered me a Pocky (I was staring at him). Then came Azmah and Hakimah in their Loveless cosplays.

We talked for a while, felt pretty much anti-social with all that socializing the big group of cosplayers were engaging in and soon decided to go for a walk around Iluma. Then we met Toky above again. And we got bored. And met Tenma, chatted for a while, whined more about being bored while walking around the place and joked about starting a fire so that we could break the glass panel that had a piece of paper with "Break when fire mode" written on it.


Yes, we WERE that bored. Surely you guys knew about what we did out of boredom while waiting for the CAF 2009 event to start? Ask me if you don't. =_=

We waited until about 5p.m for Mika to arrive, and soon met Ki Tat as well. I saw him from a distance and also something else: my Road costume and Relo. Mika borrowed it for his friend for this event while he came as Death the Kid from Soul Eater. It suits him well, but I still think that his Sasuke cosplay was better.

Speaking of Sasuke, one of the two Sasukes at the 'event' didn't actually suit Sasuke. There wasn't anything wrong with his costume but he lacked the aura and and general Sasuke look. Snatches of our conversations about the various cosplayers was generally like this:


Number 1:: Sasuke

Toky: He doesn't suit Sasuke lor. He shouldn't cosplay Sasuke. Mika more suitable.

Hakimah: Yah, I agree. Sasuke fangirl says no.

Me: Yah, Sasuke-hater also says no.

(I can't believe that I'm actually somewhat attempting to defend Sasuke's image =_=;;)


Number 2:: Aizen

Me: I can't look at that Aizen anymore. He ruins the image of Aizen.

Hakimah:: Yes indeed. Aizen~


Number 3:: Uryu

Me: That Uryu looks............bloated.


Nii-san, if you're really going to cosplay Aizen one day, I'm pretty much sure that you'll do a better job than what I've seen there. After all your face already has 'potential Aizen cosplayer' written on it. ^^;;

Additionally, Mika makes a decent Death the Kid.




On a completely irrelevant note, I'm currently feeling pretty anti-love now. Something happened today that I shall not elaborate. But I can say that I could feel my heart wrench and ache for him, and nearly cried just by looking at the way he was behaving. It was as if he would really collapse and leave me forever. I had this premonition as I left the house that I'll lose something, and I hope that it won't be him.

I wish him well and hope he won't give up everything just like this.


That would be all.

On a lighter final note, someone seems to like taking un-glam pictures of me. Especially ones where I'm asleep.

No comments: