I'm not sure how many of you guys I have told this to but now I'm studying part-time and pursuing a Bachelor of Science, majoring Chemistry.
My first module is Calculus, and to sum everything from school to life up, it has not been well. Mainly because I am now not only facing the closing deadline assigned for that blasted, accursed and absolutely wretched hell-spawn of a logbook tracker, I am now also balancing school work and revision. In which...I'm still trying to get used to.
Things should fall into place nicely, and hopefully soon with the above mentioned tracker gone.
On another note, I've noticed the amount of posts on this blog, now instead of my personal life and updates are now mainly one-liners, some one paragraph posts, gifs and music related posts, be it rants or a good song that I've found and liked to share. And several music questionnaires. =_=
Due to this, I have started a music blog dedicated to such posts. Whatever musical rants, muses and maybe song recommendations will be there. I've also decided to try music review, inspired by coverkillernation, a music reviewer on Youtube.
I was initially torn between what to review first; Ayumi Hamsaski's 'Love Again' or T.M Revolution's 'UNDER : COVER 2', very coincidentally albums marking the 15th anniversary of their respctive artistes' careers. As several music review blogs had already done a review for the former, I've decided to try my hand first at the latter.
Just on my first attempt to review, I have nearly gave a bad review of a good song due to a stupid mistake too stupid to not post.
I was listening to Under : Cover 2 for review on music blog and reaches 'last resort', a forlorn ballad that sounded remarkably like F.I.R's song '月牙湾'.
I have conveniently forgotten that I was also loading abingdon boys school official page at the same time, in which stated webpage had an audio track playing upon completion of loading.
Being the atypical B-type I am, the method I have adopted for this review was somewhat of a 'live snap judgement' review. To elaborate, I listen to the disc and give a first impression judgement of the track then let my thoughts flow as the music plays and progresses.
So when the abingdon boys school website had completed loading, I was in the midst of a Tetris game and didn't bother to check above-stated website as my thoughts continued to flow and review.
The basic flow of my thoughts went like this:
"So now after the rush from the first 4 tracks of this album, the producers decide that it's time for a break and we move on to 'last resort', which starts off at a much more leisurely pace with a female vocal singing in surprisingly well-pronounced English (given that this is a Japanese album).
Given how this track progresses, it's really a break from the dance-y, almost borderline techno and energetic tunes that we know and love T.M Revolution for. The track isn't the most catchy, so as to speak, in fact it sounds like a ballad that I would typically expect Ayumi Hamasaki to dish out.
But it's because of how different it is from T.M Revolution's usual style that this track stood out to me. Nishikawa's vocals, coupled with the duet, is a match well-made for the chorus, in which he for some reason now decides to destroy the originally fantastic chorus by reminding us of T.M Revolution's fast-paced style by suddenly adding in another verse, which is mixed with utterly bad-ass but irrelevant guitar riffs and fast drumming.
Nishikawa now decides to multi-task by belting out an emotional chorus and sing-yelling at the same time to the mentioned guitar riffs that now makes me feel that this song has entered an identity crisis.
.......................................oh."
That was more or less how it went. XD
The post isn't up yet as it's now 4.47 a.m in the morning and I have not finished listening to everything on the album.
But feel free to check out the site HERE.
Toodles~
No comments:
Post a Comment