2010-01-02

blast of the past

Well. It's 2010 now. We still live on, ever ready to take more shit the world throws at us.

I am going to commit my 99th post on my blog to ranting about English/Spanish music. If you're not interested in Shakira or Evanescence or just don't bother, then don't read at all.



My Shakira Laundry Service CD is SPOILT!!!! *wails* Nuuuuuu!!!! Although it was a CD from the CD holder that my dad picked up on a plane (yes, it was picked up, you didn't read wrongly), that was the very Shakira CD that made me a Shakira fan. The music is AWESOME, and I still remember that I listened to it throughout Sec 2, 3 and 4 without getting bored of it. But now when I took it out again, track 11, "Eyes like yours" sound funny. Like the CD is jammed or something. O.Q Wwwhhhhhyyyyyyy.


What a great way to start a year. To have one of my favourite CDs spoilt just like that. TT ^ TT

But at least my other one is still perfectly fine. And now that my liking for Shakira music was re-ignited, I shall save money and buy her latest album "She Wolf". (yosh) Took her long enough to come up with a new album. Almost like Evanescence.



But NOW, EVANESCENCE. I first stumbled upon the band on Quizilla.com. Where it was still an awesome website even though it had an extremely simple interface of blue and white. That was where I found Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters (the original series) that I still love till this age. Subsequently I was exposed to Evanescence when I first bought their first album "Fallen". After listening, and after adapting to more rock music, I practically worshipped the band and looked forward to them producing a second album.

Then after waiting for 2 long years for them to come up with that, I bought it and my jaw dropped when I heard their music. The genre I'll describe as industrial rock. Even if it WAS rock, it didn't wow me as much as their first album and I was like "this isn't Evanescence". The sound, though similar, expressed emotions much more differently and simply had a different feel to it.

I blame it on their constant changing of member line-up. =____________=



Meh, I love complaining and finds a lot of things presently complainable.

Like my lifestyle. I slept almost the entire day away. =_=;; When there're so many things still undone. Especially when report count is still 5. *wails more*

Oh, and I washed my Itachi plushie yesterday under the tap. There was still a bit of dust on his face but it was much better than when I bought him. Now here comes the stupid part. To get the water out from a piece of cloth, you twist it repeatedly to squish out the water, no? Or basically reduce the volume of the material available and increase its............erm...tightness until the water was squished out. That's what I had to do to make the plushie dry faster.

Therefore, I had to squish his body and eventually him in the face/head. I. ABSOLUTELY. CANNOT. BRING. MYSELF. TO. LOOK. AT. HIM. WHEN. I. SQUISHED. HIM. RIGHT. IN. THE. FACE. Kind of stupid yet amusing, honestly, I was giggling and yet feeling so wrong. O.o;;;

Then I hung him up on my book cabinet to dry him. He should be completely dry now.




ITACHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I forgot to post one of the pics I took at EOY up. Sode no Shirayuki (left) and Tobiume (right). Both Zanpaktou spirits. Someone should attempt Katen Kyokotsu, Haineko, maybe Hyoinmaru or even Sogyo no Kotowari. Will be like uber cute. ^^


Owari.

No comments: