2009-03-18

Genting trip, 8/3 ~ 12/3

That's it with procrastinating. Here's the update about my trip to Genting...and result announcement. Oh, and get your coffee and flame-proof suit again.

To start off, my results were better than my semester 1 results. But I'm still not telling my grade, although some of you already knew. If you're that curious, ask me personally. But it isn't anything to be proud of for sure. What's important is that I passed everything, although the grade is nothing fantastic.

And now, the Genting trip. First day on Genting and I was already eating instant noodles and a packet of chips for lunch or "lunner" (combination of lunch and dinner, term thought of by nii-san). The reason partially because I felt like it, to save money and also because I'll have an excuse to lay around the hotel room at the same time. o__o;;




Gaming costs a lot. I bought both the card for stimulators (House of the Dead 4, Rambo III, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3.etc) and the consoles (King of Fighters, Metal Slug, Tekken.etc) at the same time. But here's the catch: the stimulators lets you bleed and the console card costs $25 at standard price and lasts you for only 24 hours.

I ended up buying 2 console cards for my trip on different days and played my heart out because for the $25, you get the console card at $5o. TWICE THE AMOUNT. Then each game costs $1, but 2 plays. THIS IS SIMPLY TOO CHEAP TO BE TRUE, MORE OF THOSE CARDS SHALL BE MINE IN FURTHER TIME TO COME.(materialistic side speaking) $_$ For the first card, I got it around my second day and played KOF 2001 for I-don't-know-how-many-times, followed by a few rounds of KOF 2002 and Marvel Super Heros vs CAPCOM Street Fighters. Although the game's not the newest on the block, it's one classic that arcade gamers shouldn't miss. And Sakura is a must-have ace in my team. :3

And now, a flaming part. If any of you reading this love love LOVE kids and think that they can do no wrong, don't read the below underlined part unless you want to end up flaming me back for the kid or calling me stupid like my mother did.

Anyways, while I was spamming KOF 2001, this little girl, about 4 to 5 years old, came up to me and told me she wanted to play this particular game. I merely thought that it was just one game. Fine with giving a couple of credits since I had $50 in that card, I'd need a lot of time to finish spamming that amount. So I tapped my card for her and she started playing.

But before I knew it, for every single game she wanted to play, she asked me for credits to play on them. Repeatedly she'll just approach me and say, "Jie jie I want to play this one" and I'll tap my card for her. To the point where she simply takes me for granted and takes my card to tap for her game on her own when I was too busy fighting the mid-boss when she asked. I scolded her for it, of course. I mean...it's MY CARD. NOT YOURS. I don't know you and you're using my money like its yours. And now you take me for some kind of sponsor for your games. Your card is with your dad, like you said, so go to your dad if you want a game and not approach me. I DON'T EVEN FREAKING KNOW YOU. You never thanked me for the games, but with that aside, you took me for granted, almost attempted to steal my card and I should have asked your parents for the money back or told them about how you asked me for free games like that.

I do not know you, and neither do I want to. You're simply an ill-bred brat that expects things to go your way and lack basic manners. You're lucky that I haven't demanded payment from your parents; complained to them about you demanding free games from me or even slapped you or your brother who constantly pestered me in my anger. I don't like you. Don't let me meet you again.


So just like that, I spent my first card mostly on KOF 2001 and I'm more or less back to my standard, after a re-shuffling of trump cards.

On my second card, I spent $6 for 3 games on Project Justice: Burning Justic Academy, my favourite game from Primary 6 to Secondary 4. After the Rivervale Mall arcade closed down and Star Factory at Dhoby Ghaut moved the English version away, I never had another go on it until then. But my standard was still there, which I was quite impressed about.

I attempted the Gorin High School story mode and proceeded smoothly with one of my elites, Natsu; then free mode with my females classic team, Zaki, Natsu and Yurika, kicked the boss's ass and ranked 1st on the high scores with 1.1 million *peace sign*; lastly with Yurika, Edge and Tiffany and got 2nd with 1 million. All of them still kick ass, and I STILL love them all too. <3


Now, further onto the mission...But first to people who have low tolerance to horror, you can skip this part if you don't want to risk scarring yourself although I assure you that there's nothing too scary coming up.

The mission starts at night, of course. People running off trying to escape from the community they lived in, because their fellow mates have turned into zombies. You shoot all zombies down and try not to get your character infected in the process. But accomplishing that would be near impossible, honestly speaking.

If you come into contact with that infectious...gunk thrown at you by any of the zombies would result in your character falling, getting struck by lightning and become one of the them. Your character's speed drops drastically, can no longer crouch or utilize any special ammo like machine guns, shotguns, flame-throwers and enemy-chasers, but gain access to an extremely powerful new weapon. Your grenades are switched to blood; so your character vomits blood and the attack covers most of the field instead of throw grenades. (for nii-san or any of you who plays KOF MIA, think Jivatma's move where he vomits that black substance around the field to damage your character)

That move is beyong wicked and I love using it. I mean, how can you not love it when it kills everything you need to kill just by pressing on one designated button? That works...until the boss stage, where 5 to 6 aliens appear near their possible dwelling to protect it. I deliberately turned my character Eri (I stopped using Fio after I played KOF MIA because she was simply too much of a BITCH in MIA) into a zombie so that when I reached them, I'd just have to use the 'grenade' function to kill off 2 aliens at one go. But the catch is that when you do that they make it a lot harder for you after you kill off 2 of their mates. They rotate at high speeds around their dwelling, firing energy balls in tandem at you until they slow...and speed up again.

After you kill them all, their dwelling turns into some kind of alien base and you shoot the base until it explodes to destroy it, while dodging giant slabs of rocks targeted and thrown down at you. It was infuriating at first, but fun afterward. This laser thing follows your character's moving until it disappears and the rock comes down at you; all you had to do was just to stay away from where the laser disappeared and shoot the rock quickly to get rid of it. It was easy enough and I've jammed on Metal Slug 3 a lot just to play that mission again and again. I'm sorry but I just love busting those virtual zombies. Hee...


Additionally, you can also get a monkey companion with you that follows you around armed with a machine gun after you rescue it from its cage and shooting down your foes, as well as a thundercloud that zaps everything in your way after you saved a businessman.

See? The game was simply too fun to ignore. ^^

Ok, lastly. Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3; I never knew that speeding down virtual highways and road lanes at 280km/h could be so much fun. I liked the soundtrack solely at first, although its genre was trance/techno-like and I didn't like techno. I saw many people playing it and also at the speed meter then decided to have a go. Then after that I was like..."Whaddayaknow...it's actually fun!!" and continued until I got stuck at a certain stage. I bought my Wangan game card (which cost me $12 ringgit, it was cheaper in Singapore and DARN I FEEL CHEATED T_T), spammed on it, tuned my virtual car a lot and got to S.A class when in less than 4 days. And I like the main rival of the protagonist, Tatsuya Shima, he's a surgeon by day and a racer by night, drives a Porsche and is known as the 'Emperor' in Wangan. And not to mention that he's got more common sense, and is more rational and sensible than the protagonist who's way too obsessed with his car and also somewhat of an idiot. Sugoi wa...ano hito. *thumbs up* Then on an unuseful and slightly irrelevant note, he's also the character featured on my Wangan game card, which makes me even more happier. XD

Sa, that's the end for my gaming experiences.

For my lifestyle on Genting, I shopped around the place, lazed around and hung around the Internet cafe to log onto facebook and satisfy my need for unuseful Internet information, spammage and other crap. Oh, and I bought myself a shuriken necklace.

Which reminds me...my sports shoe met its end on the first day of my trip. The heel nearly fell off and it was so...messed up that I could actually stick two of my fingers into the shoe, yes it IS that bad. So I bought a new pair of shoes as well. (ah, expenditure, expenditure)



So, 65% of my time was spent on gaming, 15% on Internet, 10% in the hotel room exclusive of sleeping time, 6.9% on eating (since I usually ate slowly for lunner and I had at least 3 lunners throughout my trip) and 3.1% on doing nothing. Genting needs more things to entertain my boring soul and I bought souvenirs for you guys. :D

That would be all. Hope I didn't bore you to death. o_o; But hey wait, if I did, you can always pop by this blog and read this post if you get insomnia. :D

No comments: