

It was over, yeah. But it didn't remotely feel like it IS over...
It all started from signing up for it in one Sakuran meeting. I signed up for the event on impulse; just 'to experience cosplay'... My original decision was to cosplay as Shion from King of Fighters, but things just didn't go the way I planned. My decision was completely unrecognised by my mother, aka. my 'bank'. She commented that the items needed would cost too much. The wig, the spear and well, the effort. I was crushed. Shion was my choice, who else should I can I cosplay as?
Then she took my book on CAPCOM artwork and flipped through it, until she reached the chapter featuring the CAPCOM VS SNK game artwork...Sakura was chosen, and a new hope arose.
Things then happened in a whirl. Extra work, rehearsals, a photo shoot and basically sessions that occupied my schedule surfaced. Quite a lot of my time was taken. I don't know if I should say we suffered or had fun. Anyway, my mother was nagging me all along not to take part in such an event again when I got home after a particularly late rehearsal.
Then before I knew it, I was in the changing room, fully donned in Sakura Kasugano's high school seifuku and headband, which I was using as an improvised hairband. I was dusting on foundation and blusher, and asking if I had overdid my eyeliner. All of us cosplayers were chattering about everything under the sun, afterward, dinner arrived; we ate and waited, the room more quieter than it originally was. Afterward, someone suggested we get into our characters.
Suddenly, the spotlight was ready. We're on. I watched as each of us showed our stuff on stage. I was the last, and it soon was my turn. The spotlight landed on me, and I merged myself with Sakura's spirit.
A smile, a show of confidence, a dash toward the light, a shout, and a spirit of a youthful fighter. The cheers and jeers from the audience, a halt, and a confident wave. It was over. Just like that. My struggle, my joy, and my dedication, all on this online entry...
It all started from signing up for it in one Sakuran meeting. I signed up for the event on impulse; just 'to experience cosplay'... My original decision was to cosplay as Shion from King of Fighters, but things just didn't go the way I planned. My decision was completely unrecognised by my mother, aka. my 'bank'. She commented that the items needed would cost too much. The wig, the spear and well, the effort. I was crushed. Shion was my choice, who else should I can I cosplay as?
Then she took my book on CAPCOM artwork and flipped through it, until she reached the chapter featuring the CAPCOM VS SNK game artwork...Sakura was chosen, and a new hope arose.
Things then happened in a whirl. Extra work, rehearsals, a photo shoot and basically sessions that occupied my schedule surfaced. Quite a lot of my time was taken. I don't know if I should say we suffered or had fun. Anyway, my mother was nagging me all along not to take part in such an event again when I got home after a particularly late rehearsal.
Then before I knew it, I was in the changing room, fully donned in Sakura Kasugano's high school seifuku and headband, which I was using as an improvised hairband. I was dusting on foundation and blusher, and asking if I had overdid my eyeliner. All of us cosplayers were chattering about everything under the sun, afterward, dinner arrived; we ate and waited, the room more quieter than it originally was. Afterward, someone suggested we get into our characters.
Suddenly, the spotlight was ready. We're on. I watched as each of us showed our stuff on stage. I was the last, and it soon was my turn. The spotlight landed on me, and I merged myself with Sakura's spirit.
A smile, a show of confidence, a dash toward the light, a shout, and a spirit of a youthful fighter. The cheers and jeers from the audience, a halt, and a confident wave. It was over. Just like that. My struggle, my joy, and my dedication, all on this online entry...
No comments:
Post a Comment